A safe overnight stay!
Supplement to our rental terms!
- Would you like to book a stay with us, but are you looking for more certainty where it concerns our cancellation policy? Then, please continue reading.
- You can find our “standard” rental terms in the footer of our website. However, as we do not live in a “standard” world at all right now, we would like to inform you about an addition to our cancellation policy that applies during the Covid-19 pandemic
- You are allowed to change bookings free of charge, within one year, in the event of a complete travel ban or limitations in group size, forced by the government.
- In 2021, we have contacted guests who made a group reservation for our large holiday in home for 12 people, 6 to 8 weeks before arrival, if we considered it as irresponsible to go ahead with the booking.
- To everyone’s satisfaction these bookings have been postponed, free of charge, to another time in the same low, mid or high season, and within one year.
- Why six to eight weeks? In 2021 the large house is also offered to only one family or a smaller group of people, so that we can respect the Covid-19 measurements. When changing your booking, free of charge, six to eight weeks before the assumed arrival date, there will still be sufficient time left for us to offer a corona proof stay in the large house to just one family or a smaller group of people.
- In our small holiday home for four people, it has been possible to welcome guests even during all lockdowns, as here, the risks of contamination are nil; your stay in this holiday cottage could be considered as a kind of quarantine with your loved ones.
How do we prepare for your visit?
- At our holiday homes you can find that much desired space that we all long for in these uncertain times. Holiday Homes Ruigenhoek have a rural setting and each house has its own address.
- Before your arrival, the houses will be aired, cleaned and sanitised.
- Bed linen and towels are washed at a minimum of 60 degrees.
- Sanitising gel to disinfect your hands is available in the living room, bathroom and kitchen.
- After having sanitised the houses, we will not enter them anymore.
- Therefore, together with the welcome email, we will also send you an explanatory email about the holiday homes.
- Of course, we will ensure an appropriate and warm welcome.
What you should do yourself
- Before your arrival: if you have any symptoms that could indicate COVID-19, please get tested.
- Use the offered antibacterial hand sanitiser gel.
- Prevent physical contact with people who are not members of your household.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs and throw them away immediately after use.
- Touch your nose, mouth and hands as little as possible.
- Do not shake hands.
- If you like, you can push the beds in the big house apart from each other.
- To create more distance, on request, we can put an extra table in the kitchen of the big house.
- Air the house twice a day for 15 minutes by opening windows and doors.
Facilities and entertainment
- The biggest advantage of Holiday homes Ruigenhoek is its rural setting. In only a few minutes you can cycle or walk towards the dunes and avoid crowded places. Walking and cycling are carefree activities and additionally the exercise and fresh air will clear your head.
- You can hire bikes or mountain bikes from Rent a Bike van Dam (https://rentabikevandam.nl) in Noordwijkerhout. Van Dam has put together a wonderful mountain bike route. For those who would like some extra help when mountain biking, Van Dam also offers conducted tours. On request, Van Dam delivers the bikes and pick them up again.
- Relax to the max, light your wood-burning sauna and indulge in a good book or catch up with everyone next to the fireplace afterwards.
- At the big house, there is a ‘Jeu-de-Boules’ (Pétanque) court in the front yard. Why not set up a competition and enjoy some French cheese and wine perhaps?
- Are you sporty and would you like to play football? Then please inform us beforehand as our dog Joris also loves to play ball games, so we will keep him inside the house!
- You could also organise a “work-out” in the field at the back of the house or simply enjoy a stroll while airing the house. Although we love your dog too (only allowed in the big holiday home), he will not be allowed on the field, because of our own dogs.
- Do you like playing golf and do you have a golf handicap? Out on our field you can chip and pitch if you like and there is a golf driving cage available too, so you can also practice your long shots.
- If you enjoy cooking, there is a well-equipped kitchen where you can prepare scrumptious breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Please let us know, if anything is missing in the kitchen, as we are always open to suggestions. Also, if, for example, you have forgotten to bring olive oil, we will be happy to help you out.
- There is free WIFI, so, you can also get some necessary work done, search the web or make video calls.
Out and away
Are you dreaming of a beautiful, comfortable and spotlessly clean house in a green and rural environment? Then tempt your house mates and travel companions into a stay at Holiday Homes Ruigenhoek.
Be kind and take good care of yourself and each other.
Together we can do it!